Job opportunity – WCI National Communications Officer
National Communications Officer (Part-Time, 21 hours per week)
Office based post in WCI Dublin Central Office, Weaver Court, Clondalkin, Dublin 22.
This position offers an opportunity to work as part WCI’s National Team in a feminist community development organisation that supports women’s equality and empowerment both nationally and locally. Employed by the WCI Board of Directors, the Communications Officer will be instrumental in raising the profile of WCI, in line with WCI’s Strategic Plan. Working from a strategic communications approach, the Communications Officer is responsible for contributing to the development and implementation of WCI Internal and External Communications strategies. The successful candidate will have:
· A third level qualification in communication, marketing, journalism and or relevant transferable qualification.
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience in communications practice is desirable.
· Understanding of equality and community development principles and approach
· Excellent writing and research skills, with a proven ability to write and edit highly engaging copy, across communication platforms.
· A keen knowledge of the national media landscape including demonstrable experience in dealing with the media and managing media queries in an effective manner.
· Excellent IT skills and experience of creating digital content.
· Proficiency and experience of Microsoft 365 Package and Apps, knowledge of communications across all media channels.
· Excellent organisation and communication skills.
· Ability to work on own initiative and to work as part of a team, using collaborative and partnership approaches.
Benefit Package working with Women’s Collective Ireland are:
· Access to a Pension Plan up to 10% Employer contribution (following completion of probation period)
· Access to VHI Employee Assistance Programme
· 25 days annual leave (pro rata)
· 2 additional agency days per annum
The salary for the post is €37,0000 (pro rata) starting point of WCI Officer Salary Scale
Applications must be made by application form only.
To request an application form please contact: Laura Maloney at – email@example.com
Closing Date for applications Friday 1st September 2023 5.00pm. Shortlisting may apply.
This post is subject to funding (Dept. Children, Equality, Disability, Integration & Youth)
WCI is an Equal Opportunities Employer